Saturday, September 5, 2009

A little hummingbird magic!

A little hummingbird flew outside my kitchen window getting nectar from a hanging basket that is trying to hold on as fall is upon us. I have not seen one this year. Emotional sweetness, joy, and having a positive outlook are the strengths the hummingbird shares with us. (Aniumal Spirit Guides by Stephen Farmer). As I reflected upon what that message meant for me, I realized the timing was perfect. This follows the post from yesterday which focused on living from love and expressing it into my thoughts, actions and words each day. This amazing little bird reminds me to spread sweetness and joy into life. Of course, I am reminded of the people I have been blessed with in my life who have been full of sweetness and joy. They have touched my heart and spirit so deeply. And that is exactly what I want to spread to others. I want my children to feel that sweetness. I want them to find joy in the little things in life, even if that is mowing the lawn, pulling weeds or cleaning their bedrooms, bathroom, etc.

My great-grandmother was exemplary at this. She had a heart of gold. She was quite content preparing meals, doing her chores, or whatever she had to do. I never heard or felt an instance of complaint from her. She was happy to share whatever she had or could do for anyone. Her heart was open and overflowing with love, encouragement and sweetness. As I connect to her, I realize that she did not struggle to find love or show love, a kind word or action. She just allowed her heart to express it from her spirit.

I have not always done so. I acted from selfishness, anger, hurt and fear. These do not serve anyone. Choosing love only acts out of love. From love is joy, sweetness and happiness.

Thank you little hummingbird, thank you grandma. You gently encourage me to continue along my path of spreading love and sweetness. There is no better feeling than this: to feel, give and receive love.

Infinite Love & Gratitude,
Debbie

Note: As a Certified LifeLine Practitioner, I offer sessions on helping people choose to live in love in all areas of their lives. (Relationships, work, personal fulfillment, spiritual growth, pain or stress) Please contact me (dgagala@comcast.net) if interested in facing your fears, hurts, pains or stresses. There is nothing better than living your life from your purpose, passion and vision full of joy. This is my true wish for you. I believe in this, it is my purpose, passion and vision.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, may be we can share blogs and learn a few things together. Thanks for getting in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outlook!! Its definately a little hard to follow after a long day at work, burnt dinner and a crappy baby!! hehe but her giggle is all worth it :)

    ReplyDelete